Thursday, July 31, 2008

A much needed update..........















So I thought it was about time that I actually posted something different on this blog. How does time go by so fast and why does it seem like a chore to post!! I am ridiculous I know, but sometimes it seems like this is just too daunting to actually do it. Heaven knows I am a mess, and I just need to take the time to sit down and do it- that is all there is to it. Needless to say, there is much to catch up on.

In the most recent news, we had a GREAT time out west. We were able to spend close to a month visiting family throughout Idaho and Utah and had such a great time. It was a much needed break as Tim had been studying for boards up until the time that we left. He took them right at the beginning of the break and did well, thankfully. It was a stressful few months at our house as I was playing single parent and Tim was well, at the library and studying all the time. Thank heaven that is behind us now and we are on to our 3rd year of dental school!! Sometimes I cannot believe how fast it has gone and that we are half way there now. It is very exciting. Tim is enjoying this new semester and starting to get experience in the clinic. I am doing well also- basically buying time until Sept. 18th when this baby comes. For the most part, things have been going well although the no sleep and discomfort is starting to settle in. I am now 33 weeks and am excited to see what this baby is going to look like! It is hard to imagine anything different than Hudson- blonde hair, blue eyes- but it honestly could be the complete opposite. It will be interesting. Hudson is also doing great, still loving cars and everything that goes along with that. Of most recent note, we moved Hudson to his big boy bed the night that we came home from Utah. We purchased a set of"Cars" sheets which ended up to be the best investment of my life. He cannot get enough of his "Cars bed" and has done fabulous sleeping in it. I have included some pictures of the first night that he was able to sleep in his bed. You would think he had died and gone to heaven- he was so excited. I honestly cannot get enough of that little boy. I definitely can max out on the "cars" theme but somehow I just love him more everyday. It will be so interesting to see how he does when the baby comes. Needless to say he is pretty much attached to me. Hopefully he will understand and be able to share when the time comes.

I have also attached some of my favorite pics from our vacation. We seriously were ALL over the place and it honestly seemed like 4 weeks of being there would be enough, but of course, there is never enough time!! Splitting time between 2 families and basically 4 places takes a lot, but we honestly had so much fun and we wouldn't have traded any of it. I spent the first week in Idaho Falls with my family- mainly spending most of out time outdoors. We ended up going to Henry's lake up by Yellowstone for one of the days and seriously had the BEST FISHING TRIP of our lives. We caught 7 fish, maxed out on our limit, and had 5 over 5 lbs. Richard pulled in the biggest fish at 10 lbs. It was huge!! I honestly do not think it could have been better. Hudson of course fell in love with boat. Even just this morning right after he woke up, he asked me if we could go on the boat in the water and catch Nemo. He loves everything about being outdoors. We then spent some time in Holden where I was able to see my grandparents. It was so nice to be able to be with them since it had been a year. Then we headed to Park City for the annual Mosher reunion. It was a blast basically swimming and relaxing everyday. Hudson loved to spend time with his cousins and couldn't get enough of the pool. After that it was back up to Idaho Falls where we spent a couple days in Yellowstone and went to Bear World which was a lot of fun. Then it was back down to Springville for the last leg of the vacation with Tim's family. We just loved every second of it and were so happy to have seen most of you.

Anyway, I better sign off for now. I promise I will be better at updating my blog. I hope you are all doing well.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I LOVED this post! I can't believe that you moved him into a bed-I so need to get on the ball with that one! I just love the crib so much that once again it is an addiction for ME and not really for Claire! Learned that with the whole I'm taking away your binki thing! Hopefully the move into the bed will be just as easy! Hudson is so cute and we miss him-Porter and Claire just love him! We had a blast with you guys in Idaho and thanks for taking pics for us! You are the best! We love you and can't wait to meet little Tate. Love you-

Michele said...

Sounds like you had a great vaca...I can't believe you are already 34 weeks! Time does fly.

Danae said...

Tanis -
So fun to read your new post .... finally! haha. I haven't posted since June. It is my goal this week! We were just in Idaho as well at Island Park. If you come out west next year, COME VISIT! I miss you!
Little Hudson is so cute. What a big boy now to be in a big boy bed. They grow up so quickly, don't they?
Take Care
Danae
p.s. Only 2 days until New Dawn comes out! Let me know what you think. I can hardly wait!

Terra said...

It was great to see you guys out here! I only wish we could have seen more of you- but that's the way it always goes.